IMPORTANT: Please note that documents and audio podcasts from the seminars held under this project can be found here.
This project, which is a continuation of the successful project EU litigation for lawyers, is coordinated by the Academy of European Law (ERA) and it aims to organise a series of seminars on litigation before the Court of Justice of the European Union for lawyers. For the implementation of this project, ERA and the European Lawyers Foundation cooperate with seven partners: Spanish National Bar, Athens Bar Association, Polish National Bar of Attorneys at Law, Bar Council of Ireland, Finnish Bar Association, Haute Ecole des Avocats Conseil, Ecole Régionale des Avocats du Grand Est.
The expected result of the project are the following:
– increasing the knowledge of practical aspects of the proceedings before the CJEU
– improving effectiveness of submissions brought by lawyers to the CJEU, in particular to the General Court, thanks to their practical knowledge of EU litigation
– creating a pool of qualified lawyers competent in representing applicants before the CJEU which might also be used by the respective Bars in the cases of need for providing legal representation before the CJEU asked by potential applicants
– providing a forum for debate for the participants in order to allow them to exchange their experience and different views on the subject depending, among others, on their different legal cultures
– disseminating knowledge by the participants among the members of respective Bars and Law Associations
– disseminating knowledge thanks to the training materials available on the website dedicated to the project.