Project Assistant (part-time 20 hours)
Are you looking for an opportunity to start your career in a small organisation that is running projects in the field of justice in Europe and beyond?
European Lawyers Foundation
The European Lawyers Foundation, a not-for-profit organisation based in The Hague, The Netherlands, develops and coordinates projects in the European Union and worldwide for the benefit of lawyers and the promotion of the rule of law and access to justice. European projects focus on, amongst others, the training of lawyers in fields such as criminal law, immigration, data protection, e-justice, etc. Worldwide we support lawyers who advocate for human rights and we help lawyers in internationalising their practice.
As Project Assistant, you will assist the Financial Officer with administrative and office management tasks, for instance in the areas of processing invoices, checking expense claims, organizing bank statements and filing financial information. You will help in managing the office agenda, info-email and other issues that may arise. You will also assist the Project Manager by being in contact with people involved in our projects, for travel and accommodation arrangements and further logistics.
From time to time, you will be assisting in communication and dissemination activities through our traditional and social media, formatting reports in Word and preparing publications.
You are …
You have a great work ethic, can communicate well, are accessible, service-oriented and accurate. You work under the pressure of deadlines, but you know how to set priorities and you are stress-resistant. You have a positive attitude and you feel responsible for your own development.
We offer …
- An international working atmosphere of people from different EU Member States;
- An opportunity to learn in an international legal environment and to become familiar with the legal profession and Bars and Law Societies;
- A contract for 20 hours per week (Monday-Friday from 8.30am-12.30pm) for 6 months, renewable for another 6 months;
- A gross salary of € 950,00 per month.
You need …
- You are a recent law graduate;
- You are available for one year;
- You are fluent in English, minimum C2 level (CEFR);
- You have excellent knowledge of the MS office package;
- You are available to start around the 15th of April;
To apply you need to do the following before the 3rd of March 10.00am:
- Send your CV and motivation letter of maximum half a page in English to email@example.com addressed to Féline van der Heyden, with the subject ‘Part-time Project Assistant’.
- Make a small video (MP4, of max. 45 seconds), which you send to us via WeTransfer.com directly after you send your email, answering these questions:
- Who are you?
- Why should you be selected?
The shortlisted candidate will be contacted on the 6th of March.